Reducing Fire Hazard
Wildfires occur every year in Oregon. Although you can't eliminate every threat of wildfire, you can take steps to make sure your home and forestland survives wildfire in the best condition possible.
- Do you have an evacuation plan?
- Does your home utilize fire resistant materials?
- Have you adequately assessed the fire risk around your home and forestland to help prepare for a forest fire?
- Have you done any fuel reduction around your home & property?
For more information, read Oregon State University's Emergency Preparedness Monthly Topic on WILDFIRE
|For more information, please conact:
Steve Fitzgerald, Oregon State University Extension Forester
FIRE SAFETY RESOURCES TO GET YOU STARTED:
- OSU Emergency Preparedness Monthly Topic - Wildfire Information put out by Oregon State University on Wildfire preparedness.
- Forest Fact Sheets: Fire in Oregon's Forests One of a series from the Oregon Forest Resources Institute. A one page summary of fire and forest management.
- Fire Evacuation Planning Guide Plan, Prep, Go! This is the Deschutes County evacuation guide proivded by ProjectWidfire.org
- A Homeowner's Guide to Fire-Resistant Home construction Plan your construction with wildfire prevention in mind. Created by Rich Fairbanks and Timothy Ingalsbee.